The EIS Student Awards
The European Ichthyological Society is supporting the best oral and poster presentations given by students at the EIS congresses. Prices for best presentation will be awarded at the end of the congress:
- Best oral presentation for PhD students (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
- Best poster presentation for PhD students (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
The EIS will reward the 1st, 2nd and 3rd oral and poster presentations with 200 € each. All three winners of both categories will be rewarded with the EIS membership fee for the 3-year period following the congress.
To be eligible for either EISSA a student must:
- indicate a desire to be a candidate in sending a message to the organizing committee (E. Parmentier) and attaching the proof of student status;
- must be under the age of 35;
- be the first author and must be the presenter for oral presentations.
Each student may select only one poster or oral presentation for the award competition.
The EIS Board will appoint two Award Committees (one for oral and one for poster presentations), formed by prominent Society members, to undertake the task of rating the candidate presentations. The names of the ‘judges’ will be posted on Congress sites. The results will be announced during the closing ceremony on Saturday.
The presentations are judged by the following criteria: introduction; methods; data analysis and interpretation; conclusions - innovation, originality and scientific significance; presentation; and visual aids or graphic design.
The rating scale is 0-10 points: excellent (9-10), very good (7-8), good (4-6), fair (2-3), poor (0-1).
Only presentations that are rated as excellent or very good are entitled to an award.